A recent diagnosis that was brought to my attention led me to recommending books about diabetes, so I decided to make a list of my favorite diabetes books that I’ve read over the years. If yours did not make the list, don’t get upset, I either have not had a chance to read it, or it just slipped my mind because there have been a lot sent my way over the years.
So, here we go, and in no particular order:
- Balancing Diabetes: Conversations About Finding Happiness and Living Well by Kerri Sparling
- Dealing with Diabetes Burnout: How to Recharge and Get Back on Track When You Feel Frustrated and Overwhelmed Living with Diabetes by Ginger Vieira
- Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin by Gary Scheiner
- Kids First Diabetes Second: Tips for Parenting a Child with Type 1 Diabetes by Leighann Calentine
- Life is Short, Laundry is Eternal: Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Dad by Scott Benner (this one is not strictly about diabetes)
- Diabetes Do’s & How To’s by Riva Greenberg
- The Book of Better: Life with Diabetes Can’t be Perfect. Make it Better by Chuck Eichten
- Sugar Linings: Finding the Bright Side of Type 1 Diabetes by Sierra Sandison (I haven’t read this one yet, but it’s on my list)
- Thriving with Diabetes by David Edelman and Paul Rosman (I haven’t read this yet, but is next up on the list)
- The Diet Game by Marci Sloane MS, RD, LD/N, CDE
If you have any additional books to add, please do in the comments.